
This summer was full of love and heartache. On June 12, 2008 we lost my Grandpa Barrett to cancer. Even though he had been fighting for 5 years, it came as a shock to our family when it had transgressed to Leukemia and he was only given 3 weeks to live. This was a horribly difficult time on us all, and yet I had happened to be there at the time of his diagnosis. Michael, Macie, my parents, and myself were able to give one last hug and say our good-byes. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I thank God for this special opportunity to express my thanks and love for the Grandpa he was, and always will be. He has always took an active role in my life and I knew he loved his family with all of his heart and soul. He is missed dearly.
1 comment:
Oh Jen, I'm so glad you posted this picture of your Grandpa. It's nice to see his sweet face. What a sweet man he was. I hope as time pasts your heart may heal a little more each day while still remembering him so vividly. He was wonderful!
Post a Comment